Tee It Up for the Troops is looking for golfers to participate in our Longest Day of Golf for the Troops! This event allows anyone to support veterans from any location with any number of participants.
You may recall “The Longest Day” was a famous book and movie honoring those who fought for our freedom on D-Day. The Longest Day of Golf for the Troops is a unique opportunity for golfers to honor all who serve(d) to fight for our freedom.
Proceeds from the Longest Day of Golf for the Troops support our REUNION Outreach Program that reunites combat veterans, helping them transition from the battlefront to the homefront.
To participate in the Longest Day of Golf for the Troops, each participant collects donations/pledges from friends, family, co-workers, club members, etc., and then plays as many holes of golf as possible on their chosen day to honor all those who serve(d).
- Determine if you will participate as an individual or if you will invite others to join you.
- Select a day; many choose a time around the Summer Solstice (Longest Day of the Year) which typically occurs between June 20 and June 22, depending on the year and local time zone.
- Contact a local and/or favorite golf course to inquire about hosting participants on the chosen day. Let us know if you would like our help with this!
- Create an online account and collect donations/pledges from friends, family, coworkers, club members, etc.
- “Tee It Up” on your chosen day and play your Longest Day of Golf and support our REUNION Outreach Program!
- Collect any cash or check donations/pledges and mail them to our national office no later than Veteran’s Day.