SUPPORT AMERICA’S HEROES BY COMPLETING OUR #STEPITUP4HEROES CHALLENGE – ANYWHERE, ANYWAY, AND ANYDAY!
This virtual challenge is an easy way for you to STEP UP for the HEROES who STEPPED UP for our freedom!
For our military veterans who deal with PTSD, traumatic brain injuries and other invisible wounds of war, difficult times like this can intensify their symptoms of anxiety, desire to self-isolate, and suicidal thoughts. That’s why we are asking you to get involved with our #StepItUp4Heroes challenge.
How Does the #StepItUp4Heroes Challenge Work?
- SELECT and REGISTER a donation for your preferred activity.
- Round It Up 4 Heroes: Perhaps the easiest challenge of all! Round up your credit card purchases and donate the change, make a one-time donation or sign up for a recurring donation!
- Chip It Up 4 Heroes: Chip 100 golf balls into a bucket, target or make up your own creative chipping challenge!
- Putt It Up 4 Heroes: Practice putting 100 putts or make up your own creative putting challenge!
- Tie It Up 4 Heroes: Walk, run, hike, or bike to keep moving!
- Tip It Up 4 Heroes: Host a [virtual] happy hour with friends, family or co-workers!
- Make It Up 4 Heroes: Play a [virtual] board game, sing a song…make up your own challenge!
- SHARE and CHALLENGE others!
- POST a picture or video completing your challenge and thank those who serve(d).
- TAG @teeitupforthetroops and include #StepItUp4Heroes.
- CHALLENGE comrades, family members, colleagues, etc., to join you in stepping up for those who stepped up for our freedom!
Did You Know?
The stimulus bill recently passed by the US Congress allows the following new deductions:
- New Charitable Deduction Limits: As part of the bill, individuals and corporations that itemize can deduct much greater amounts of their contributions. Individuals can elect to deduct donations up to 100% of their 2020 AGI (up from 60% previously).
- Corporations may deduct up to 25% of taxable income, up from the previous limit of 10%. The new deduction is for gifts that go to a public charity, such as Tee It Up for the Troops. The old deduction rules still apply to gifts to private foundations. The higher deduction also does not apply to donations directly into a Donor Advised Fund.
- New Deduction Available: Up to $300 per taxpayer ($600 for a married couple) in annual charitable contributions. This is available only to people who take the standard deduction (for taxpayers who do not itemize their deductions). It is an “above the line” adjustment to income that will reduce a donor’s adjusted gross income (AGI), and thereby reduce taxable income. A donation toa donor advised fund (DAF) does not qualify for this new deduction.
Also, many employers and foundations are offering to match donations. Don’t forget to check in with these entities to see if your donation qualifies for a matching gift.
Am I Eligible to Win a Prize?
Let’s face it, most of us like prizes! Here’s your chance to win a Tee It Up for the Troops pullover! Post a picture or video of your challenge activity and tag @teeitupforthetroops and include #StepItUp4Heroes. We will select some of the most creative and inspiring challenges and send the organizing participant a Tee It Up for the Troops pullover.
What Should I do Next?
Choose your way to #StepItUp4Heroes and make a positive difference for our military veterans and their families who STEPPED UP for our freedom!
- REGISTER NOW!
- COMPLETE YOUR CHALLENGE!
- CHALLENGE OTHERS!